Venue, travel & accommodation
XDC 2019 will take place at the Concordia University Conference Centre.
1450 Guy St.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
View on Google Maps
Customs and immigration information
Visitors entering Canada must present a valid passport and, in certain cases, a visa. It is strongly recommended that you carry your passport with you at all times for identity purposes. Before entering Canada, all visitors are responsible for ensuring that they have the required documents necessary, whether they are travelling through to another country or returning to their country of origin. For more information, visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Citizens or residents of the United States
As part of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI), the United States has implemented new security measures for Travelers entering or returning to the U.S.
An international destination of choice, Montréal is easily accessed by land, water and air. Downtown is a mere 20 minutes from the Montréal-Trudeau Airport, which welcomes more than 18 million passengers per year and offers over 150 world destinations served by 30 carriers.
- Inbound travellers will find everything they need upon arrival: car rentals, limousine and taxi service, as well as airport shuttles. The 747 Express bus operates 24/7/365, costs $10 CAD and will get you to one of the nine downtown stops in 40 to 60 minutes (depending on traffic). If you take a taxi, a trip downtown will cost you a flat rate of $41 CAD, tip not included.
- If you are traveling by train within Canada, the VIA Rail network connects many major cities to Montréal, and it is by far the easiest way to access downtown. Arriving at the Gare centrale gives you access to the Bonaventure métro station, taxi, car sharing, bus, BIXI bike rentals and the Underground Pedestrian Network. If you are coming from the United States, the Amtrak trains offer daily departures from many American cities to downtown Montréal.
- If you are planning a trip by bus, many American and Canadian operators come to Montréal, including Orléans Express. You will arrive directly downtown at the Montréal Bus Central Station, which is also connected to the Underground Pedestrian Network via the Berri-UQAM metro station.
Once you have arrived in Montreal, there are many ways to get to Concordia University and around the city.
By bus or metro
The public transit system, run by the Société de transport de Montréal, will get you anywhere in the city for an affordable price.
- The metro is the easiest way to get around Montrel with four lines and 68 stations. It will take you pretty much anywhere you want to go in Montreal. The metro station at Concordia is "Guy Concordia" and is on the green line of the metro system.
- It connects with the rest of the public transport system, whether it be bus, commuter train services, and even the main national buses and train stations.
By Taxi or Uber
Metered taxis and Uber available. View on Google Maps
Driving to Concordia University with your own car is not recommended.
By bicycle (Bixi rental system)
Montreal's public bike-rental system, BIXI was created for short trips and is an economical form of city travel.
- Accessible to everyone 24/7 from May to November.
- More than 400 stations, many located in the downtown core, near bike paths make it hugely popular.
- Easy to use, pick up a BIXI at any station and drop it off once you reach your destination.
Where to stay
Below is a list of recommended hotels located around Concordia University. Most of them are walking distance from the campus. Note that there are also many Airbnb options available downtown.
1659 Sherbrooke St W, Montreal, QC H3H 1E3
514-933-8111 / 1-888-933-8111
1808 Sherbrooke St W, Montreal, QC H3H 1E5
514-933-8111 / 1-888-627-8151
Sofitel Montréal Le Carré Doré
1155 Sherbrooke St W, Montreal, QC H3A2N3
Le Centre Sheraton
1201 René-Lévesque Blvd W, Montreal, QC H3B 2L7
514-878-2000 / 1-800-325-3535
Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa
1740 René-Lévesque Blvd W, Montreal, QC H3H 1R3
514-931-8841 / 1-800-363-6063
Loews Hotel Vogue
1425 Mountain St, Montreal, QC H3G 1Z3
1180 rue de la Montagne, Montreal, QC H3G 1Z1
The Omni Hotel
1050 Sherbrooke St W, Montreal, QC H3A 2R6
514-284-1110 / 1-888-444-6664